I AM SOMEBODY! I AM SOMEBODY! I AM SOMEBODY!
It has been a long time since we’ve heard those spoken on camera by the Reverend Jesse Jackson, Sr. And now, more than ever, we, the Black Community, need to hear them.
Revernd Jesse Jackson, Sr. we all know that you’ve taken a serious blow to the family ego, but so have a lot of Black families. I’d like to encourage you to get back in the game.
There are only three questions, that more than likely will be asked of you by a White reporter, that stand between you and the salvation of the Chicago Black Community, this summer. And they are:
- Revernd Jackson, how is your son, Jesse Jackson, Jr. doing in prison?
- Can you tell us if he’s going to run again once he’s out of prison?
- Is your daughter-in-law, Sandy Jackson, ready to serve her time in prison.
I say reherse, and reherse, and reherse the answers to those questions until you can answer them without flinching. And get back in the game.
Currently, Mayor Rahm Emanuel is putting forth his ‘Put Down The Gun Campaign’, but without you Reverend Jesse Jackson standing up in your Rainbow Push Pulpit and drumming those three words into the consicious of the Black Community, I don’t the ‘Put Down the Guns’ campaing is going to work. Because, first, the young people of today need to know that:
- Even though they may not have a Jay-Z and Beyounce lifestyle, I am Somebody.
- Even though they may not have a big fancy car, I Am somebody.
- Even though they may live in Government Housing, buy food with a Link Card, catch the bus, I Am somebody.
- Even though they may not have a job, I Am Somebody.
- Even though they may not have a college or even a High School education, I Am Somebody.
- Even though Grandma, Mama, and all my sisters are on Welfare, I Am Somebody.
These three words are what the young people today need to HEAR, because our current society says that without these things, especially the materials ones, your are a NOBODY.
But the moment I pick up that gun and point it in your face, suddenly, I become SOMEBODY you’ll never forget.
A Tiny Kitten With A Big Mouth
STALKED! By Voices